blog, blog, blog...
This is where it all happens... this is where you'll find the latest Reiki articles, crystals, workshops, inspirational pieces and more!!
Create an account and join our discussion community!! Welcome, everybody! <3
What is Reiki? (and what can it do for ME??)
So, what exactly IS Reiki? This is a question that is asked of me on a regular basis. My potential students ask me... my close and not-so-close friends ask me... people I run into on the street ask me! My answer seems to vary each time, depending on the mood I am in, or where I am in my spiritual journey at that moment. Sometimes, I can tell that people are just not getting what I am trying to tell them, especially those people who have had no exposure to any kind of energetic work (which is, let's face it, most people!!). You can google Reiki, and find thousands of similar, yet sometimes different, definitions. Of course, having a direct experience with Reiki is nearly always a more effective way of discovering just what it is. But that is not always possible.
So, for this exercise, I thought that instead of trying to explain what Reiki is, I would share what it has done for me. Learning and practicing Reiki can do these same things for you, and more! I should preface this list by saying that I use and teach Reiki in a way that is different to the vast majority of practitioners/teachers in the West. I use the system of Reiki as a spiritual practice, as it was originally taught by Usui in Japan. The modern day version of Reiki is, in my humble opinion, completely different from the way it was originally intended to be used. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, nor does it mean it does not contain incredible benefits and healing... but for me, it wasn't until I learned the original system that things changed dramatically for me. Those changes are continuing to occur, as I journey down the Reiki path to happiness!! :)
So, with that said, may I present my list of specific changes that have occured since practicing Reiki on a daily basis, via meditation, contemplation, chanting, and hands on healing of the self!
• I am a better mother. I no longer lose my temper like I used to with my kids. I am able to parent them with compassion and kindness, while still providing them with structure and discipline;
• I am a better friend. I can provide advice to my friends, through the increased clarity I have to assess people and their situations. I can deliver the advice with compassion, and without judgement. I am better able to empathize with them;
• I no longer speak/think about myself in a negative way. When I make a mistake (what is a mistake anyway?? it's a lesson!!) I am able to not judge myself, but treat myself with that same compassion that I am able to show my friends. I refuse to entertain thoughts like, I am not smart/pretty/rich/worthy enough to receive what I want;
• I am able to speak my truth to others, in a compassionate and loving way. Ugly confrontations do not happen anymore, as I am able to put myself in the shoes of others easily, while still acknowledging what I need to say to be true to myself;
• I am able to see what belongs to me, and what doesn't. I know when we react with anger, it is always about US, not the person we are angry with. When I do find myself getting angry, I am able to look inward, and ask myself the question - what is it in ME that is making me react to this person and their actions? It always proves to be very insightful;
• I am no longer easily offended. See the above post. I know what is mine, and what is not. I can look at that person with compassion, instead of hatred. I do not know what that person's story is, and I will not judge them because of it;
• I am no longer afraid. I refuse to let worry and anxiety dominate my thinking. I have faith that whatever happens, I will have the strength to handle it, and will come out the other side shining even brighter!! I know there is nothing I cannot do.
• I know that I have the ability to be my biggest supporter... or my worst enemy. That choice is mine to make.
Now, please don't read these things and think that I am really the Dalai Lama in disguise!! Do I succeed at all these things 100% of the time?? Of course not! But, when I do falter, it is only for a short time, and I am able to bring myself back to where I am working to be. It is a journey, my friends, and getting there is half (most!) of the fun!!
Are you affected by some of the issues I have mentioned above? Do you wish that you were able to be more honest with others about your true feelings? Do you dislike always worrying about things? Do you want to have better relationships with others? Or do you just want to feel happier on a daily basis??
Reiki provides you with a system that will completely change the way you think, and the way you interact with others. It will show you how to love you for YOU! Reiki is a game changer, if you allow it to be. It's not a magic pill, don't get me wrong. It takes dedication and time. It takes practice, perserverance, and patience. You will be amazed how quickly the changes will appear though! It doesn't take years and years to start seeing the benefits of a daily Reiki practice. I have had students report dramatic improvements in just a week or so!
Reki literally means *spiritual energy*. If you look deeply inside the human body, we are made up of little tiny atoms, that are vibrating and producing energy! We ARE Reiki! Once you learn how to connect to, strengthen and enhance that energy, it is like you have been given the keys to your emotional, physical, spiritual and mental health! You can heal yourself, and allow your body to be in the balanced state that it seeks. Once you are open to this fact, and embrace it, life and everything you know about it, changes!!
Are you ready for a change??
Peace to you,